Thursday, August 20, 2009

College Life =)

Hey hey!! sorry for not updating my blog.. didnt really have much time to do so or just that im too lazy.. xp.. But anyways, just to update people about my life in Aus :)



Well, I have classes from Mon-Thurs.. 4 days a week. Monday and Tuesday classes are from 8am-5pm.. Wednesday 8am-2.30pm and Thursday from 10am-1.30pm..
I hate mon-wed the most because i have to wake up at 4.30am!!! just to catch the early bird train which is free..( so cham right?) haiz.. what to do? mom wants me to save money..

Now im studying practical and also theory. So far for practical, i've done stock, sauces, soups, precision cuts, and a bit of the basic cooking skills such as braising, poaching, boiling, stir fry, egg cookery, sandwiches, canapes, and salads.. :)
i really like cooking in the kitchen, however the most saddening part is that my hands now are full of scars (burn scars and also too dry cause everytime use detergent) :( no more beautiful hands..haha..
As for theory classes, im studying Food Safety,Intro to Hospitality and Common Core..(theory subjects can be really boring but sometimes interesting too..) I love intro to hospitality because during class time, we get to try different types of food (not the common ones, for example: preserved lemons, polish pickles, bush tomatoes, persian fairy floss, cane sugar and many more) Sadly, i just finished that subject. Starting First Aid after the school holiadays..

Anyway, there is not much going on here.. i hardly hang out with friends.. thats because i stay so far.. to travel will cost me money... Currently I'm working at a small Persian Restaurant near my aunt's place.. about 5 mins walk out to the main road. Im working as a waitress, getting paid $9 per hour.. :) but its considered as very low pay.. the average rate should be $14 per hour. But its ok, its just temporary.. my boss is pregnant, so im there to help out during busy hours.. :)



Thats all for now.. I'll update more when i have time :) hehehe..


P.S: To the ppl back in Msia.... I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

and to Jia Hui who is leaving (if you are reading my blog): I'm gonna miss you so much! Take care! Hugz n kisses!!


No comments:

Post a Comment